Just like any budding arts endeavor, Hot Spot Music could use a little extra love to keep things going strong. Here are some fun ways to help, Contact Us to get involved:
- Send a tax-deductible donation to the Northfield Arts Guild to support our flagship event, the Northfield Gypsy Jazz Jam Series. Be sure to write "Gypsy Jazz Series" in the donation comments or check memo.
- Unload your extra stuff!! The Hot Spot Music Studio still needs: a vacuum, large art deco posters (or other funky wall art), floor lamps, area rugs, PA speakers, vinyl records, hearty house plants, office desk, large & small mirrors.
- Help us stock the studio cupboard with food and drink to fuel our hard-working students during breaks.
- Donate to "Kidtix" a program that provides local young musicians with free tickets to Hot Spot Music events.
- Lend your handy skills to basic painting and carpentry projects
- Join the set-up crew for the Northfield Gypsy Jazz Jam Series
- Staff the merchandise table at our Northfield Gypsy Jazz Jam Series sessions or concerts.
- Make food or bring snacks for our jam sessions, open houses, touring artist welcome dinners, or other special events
Adopt an artist
- What better way to get to know a fascinating touring musician than to host them for a night (or two) in your home! Occasionally we need just a few extra bunks to provide a good night's sleep for our out-of-town musical guests. They'd need private bed / bath accommodations; ideally separate facilities (coach house, mother-in-law quarters or that cool apartment above the garage) but a guest bedroom with private bath also does the trick.
Hot Spot Music artist-in-residence Helen Forsythe brings her soulful tone and incredible banjo finesse to Northfield First Fridays.
Open to musicians of all ages and abilities, the Sunday open jazz jam is a perfect way to run through standard charts in a low-key, laid-back setting.
Join us for an open house and screenings of Suzanne Lane's original films. d