Instead of our usual Sunday Jazz Jam, members of Harmonious Wail and the Robin Nolan Trio will teach workshops. Don't miss the opportunity to learn from these world-renown performers and educators!
Both Harmonious Wail and the Robin Nolan Trio will be offering the following workshops Sunday, May 22
- "Singin' With Swing" with Maggie Delaney-Potthoff of Harmonious Wail: A consummate musician and teacher, Maggie will offer techniques from her very own pedagogy known as "The Maggie Method: If you can speak it, you can sing it."
- Jazz Mandolin Techniques" with Sims Delaney-Potthoff of Harmonious Wail: Wondering how to transform that bluegrass twang into smokin' hot swing? Sims will share techniques learned from over 30 years of bouncin' the backbeat.
- "Gypsy Rhythm Domination" with Robin and Kevin Nolan of the Robin Nolan Trio: The rhythm section can make or break the groove, so Robin and Kevin will show you how to kick it into high gear and blast off with rock-solid rhythmic perfection. Straight from their famous Gypsy Rhythm Domination online series, you'll be amazed at your transformation from sideline strummer to driving force.
- "Gypsy Jazz Licks n Tricks" with Robin and Kevin Nolan of the Robin Nolan Trio - Open to any instrument, this workshop will compile tips from Robin's extensive collection of Gypsy Jazz Secrets, focusing on solo techniques and rhythmic flair.
- "Ace of Bass" with Jeff Weiss of Harmonious Wail - winner of the 2012 Madison Area Music Award for Best Bassist, Mr. Weiss is no slouch! He'll provide insights on how to tastefully accompany a band and create meaningful, masterful bass solos.